BT Email Products:
BT Email is the best email service that is provided by BT with the email addresses which end in @btinternet.com
Customers who had an email service with BT for a long time might use an email address which ends @btopenworld.com or @talk21.com
BT Email is a safe and secure web-based email service that can incorporate with other services like Calendar and Contacts. It also can operate with other email accounts so that you can customize all your emails from one place. As it is a web-based email service then you can access it from any of the internet connection from any computer or device, from any place in the world. To keep your BT account active for a longer period, you should log in and use the service on a regular basis.
What is the BT Email policy for using it?
BT Broadband comes with optional mail service and provides you up to 11 inclusive email addresses to use by the account holder as well as other family members. To active your email address for longer, you will need to log in to this account at least once in 90 days at bt.com or just by using a PC program or mobile device.
If you are using a computer program or mobile device then it is essential to make sure that you are using the correct email settings. Using the incorrect settings could result in your email might get suspended or even deleted.
The usage policy does not apply if you have got the Premium Mail
You will get the following email products:
Standard and Premium
The optional free email service which you can have when you get the broadband from BT. If you are the account owner then you can create up to 10 additional email addresses for friends and family so there are total of 11 numbers.
You will get these things through the Standard product:
- No adverts
- The UK based technical assistance when you require it
- Check your emails on your browser, device or email client
- Protection from the online nasty such as spam, viruses, and phishing
You can enjoy this:
- Once you register for broadband with BT
- From the Manage your email page at My BT
- Once the account holder provides you an email address
How to create and activate a new email address?
Creating a new email address
- First of all, log in to My BT with your BT ID
- Choose Package, then Included addition and scroll down to get BT Email
- Now, click on Manage BT Email
- Choose the Create new email address link
- Here, you will be asked to select your new email address and provide a password for it.
- When you have completed this, click on Create email
- You will get a confirmation message that your email address will be linked to your BT ID
Activation of BT Email:
- First of all, BT mail ask you to provide your existing BT ID or to create a new one. By this, you can log in to My BT to manage your account
- Here, you will need to choose the email address which has been set up for you or any other email address which you already own and use. It will become your BT ID
- Next, you will be prompted to provide some security information, including a password, your own security validation question, and your contact information. This is the reason you will be now solely responsible for this email address. When you have finished the necessary information then, click on Continue
- Here, you will get a confirmation message that your email address is now completely active and you can log in and start using it simply
The premium email product provides you the same features and functions just like Standard email, but it is a standalone paid for service that expenses £7.50 per month. It is payable by monthly direct debit only. As with Standard email, the account holder can generate up to 10 more email addresses for friends and family. So there are 11 in total.
With premium you will get:
- BT adverts only
- Defense against online nasty such as spam, phishing, and viruses
- The UK based technical help when you need it
- Check your emails on your browser, email client or device
You will get this with Premium:
- When you stop broadband with BT but want to keep your email service
- If you have been provided an email address that is linked to the broadband service of somebody else and now wish to move away
- When you stop broadband with the BT mail but want to keep your email service
- If you live in the UK and connected with a UK bank account, however, the BT mail offers the capability to use the service outside of the UK and you must not use it individually for this purpose. If you are from live permanently overseas, you must no longer use the service and need to contact the team.
If you are eligible for the Premium email:
- First of all, log in to the My BT with your BT ID
- Click on the package and then, Included extras
- Scroll down and from the BT Email link choose Manage BT Email
- If the BT Broadband service has been ceased then, you will see a message and a link to Go to Premium email. Click on the link and confirm your order
- If you have been provided an email address by the account holder, you will see a link at the top of the page to Move to Premium email. Click on the link and confirm your order
- You should get an email notification within 24 hours to confirm that it is done but while the move you will still be able to log in and use the service as normal
- If you don’t have a BT ID or you don’t see an option to go to Premium email when you log in to My BT, you might not be eligible