BT Mail – BT Internet Mail Failures During Login to BT Email
Email is a method of business communication that is fast, cheap, accessible, and easily replicated. Using email can immensely benefit you, as it provides efficient and effective ways to transmit all kinds of electronic data. Identity theft, loss of confidential information, losing track of messages, and message forgery are just a few of the risks associated with losing access to email accounts.
Successful access to Email Account is denied for more than one reason. This is caused due to Authentication Failure (incorrect credentials), connection failure to host server, or loss of connectivity in the middle of login transaction or certificate expiry.
Most mail programs give you the choice of using your email on more than one device simultaneously. This may cause inconsistency in data stored on each client. But email providers nowadays are prepared for users using multiple client logins at a given time. This is achieved by syncing data every time a user logs in. This does cause a considerable amount of data and internet usage, and a large part of it is wasted. But this is important because if this doesn’t occur, then some mails will be on one device and other mails on other devices. Which is not the service a user seeks for when signing up.
This inconsistency also arises when you update settings on one device and fail to do so on another device using the email. Most login failures occur because you’ve changed your password and forgotten to update all the devices and email programs you use to get your email.
Multiple failed login attempts to your BT Mail can result in us locking your account. This is essential to secure your email and the data associated with it. If this is not followed, anyone can hack into your account using techniques wherein they enter all combinations of passwords, and one of them will definitely work. When your account is locked, to reaccess it, you need to change the password again to regain access to your account. This is done to secure your account and in the safety interest of users. So, whenever you change your password on one device, such as a mobile or computer, kindly make sure to update the same on all other devices using that email account. This will prevent inconsistency and update settings on all your clients.
Whenever you change your passwords, you would be asked whether you want to logout of all other devices as well or continue using email without logging in again. It would be best if you always chose the option in your best interest, but it is advisable to choose to logout of all other devices and then enter the new password when you use email on that device. This option is generally placed in the “Settings” or “Tools” tab in your client application. If you face any queries regarding this, you would need guidance from your manufacturers.
For more queries regarding mail setup on the client machine, you can Visit www.bt.com/help/clientsetup .
Updating passwords and settings on all devices is essential for the below reasons you:
- Recently used someone else’s BT mail account. And then you try to login to a different account with new credentials. But the system is using an older password.
- Recently used someone else’s device to access your BT mail account.
- Allowed someone else to access your BT mail account using some device other than the one you are already logged in to.
- Recently changed the device you use to use your primary email. In this case, you need to login again.
- Recently lost a mobile device used to access BT mail, or it got stolen, and you don’t have access to it anymore.
If any of the above statements stand as correct, then it is very likely possible that these devices are still trying to use your BT Mail account with an older password. And this will cause login failure because the settings are not updated. In this case, you need to secure your account by changing the password or updating the settings.
Follow the below procedure in this case:
- If you still have access to the previous device, either update the password there or delete the connection from that device.
- Once the password is changed, then you need to login to your account again at bt.com .
- You may see a message/alert asking you to change your password again. Before going ahead with the password change activity, make sure to turn off any other device that is using this email account and using the older password.
- Follow the step-by-step guide to fix any other issues.
- You can then switch on and update the passwords where you want to use this email. If you fail to update the password on every required device and anyone of these devices tries to login again with an older password, then the login failure arises again.
The above-mentioned steps are essential to protect you from losing access to your account and safeguarding your data.
If you are a user of an Apple device, use this link. I’m having problems using my Apple device with BT Email.
In case of any other queries: get in touch with us.